The following Mission Statement is part of the NAMI Stanislaus Bylaws:
The purpose for which this organization is formed is to administer and manage the affairs of the NAMI Stanislaus as a charitable non-profit social welfare organization to promote the general welfare of person with mental disorders (mental illness) in the following manner:
- To offer emotional support, understanding and encouragement to persons having a mental disorder, and to their families and friends.
- To educate the community and ourselves about mental disorders, and work toward removing the stigma of mental disorders.
- To promote excellence in outpatient and inpatient care of person having mental disorders at both state and community levels.
- To solicit for affordable quality housing for persons having mental disorders.
- To encourage vocational training, and job placement for persons having mental disorders.
- To promote research, and alternative treatment modalities.
- To cooperate with other groups who have similar interests and goals to achieve our common objectives.
- To encourage the inclusion of the family members in the decision making for the care and treatment of their family members in the mental health system.
- To solicit and receive funds to accomplish these stated objectives.