Laura’s Law/Stanislaus County AOT Program
STANISLAUS COUNTY BEHAVIORAL HEALTH & RECOVERY SERVICES
Assisted Outpatient Treatment (AOT)
AOT is a civil court-order for treatment of individuals with severe and persistent mental illness who meet strict legal criteria. Often these individuals experience sever mental health symptoms which impact their ability to recognize the need for treatment.
The individual must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Reside in Stanislaus County
- Live with a serious and persistent mental illness
- Have multiple attempts to engage in treatment
- have a condition that is substantially declining
- Be unlikely to maintain in the community supervision, based on clinical determination.
WHO CAN REFER?
Assisted Outpatient Treatment allows for Qualified Referring Party (QRP) to refer an individual for mental health treatment without the consent of the individual.
QRP could be:
- Family Member
- Agency Directory
- Hospital Director
- Licensed Therapist
- Peace Officer
HOW TO REFER:
Contact the Warm line at: 209-558-4600 or visit Stanislaus County website at: